62nd Southend Chess Congress
30 March - 2 April, 2018
At Southend Adult Community College, Ambleside Drive Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 2UN
Generously supported by the Essex Chess Association
Chief Organiser: Adam Raoof
Arbiters: Adam Raoof, Norman Went and Michael Flatt
The Southend Easter Chess Congress is taking place from Friday 30 March to Monday 2nd April 2018.
Head to the online entry form using this link - https://form.jotform.com/70133293199963.
Downloadable Entry Form (pdf)
- The Southend Congress offers more rounds than most weekend chess tournaments and more opportunities to play chess, with longer time controls!
- TWO half point byes are available if you can't make one of the days;
- Fischer timings with thirty seconds added every time you make a move;
- later start times;
SCHEDULE - ALL EVENTS
Friday 30th March - Rounds 1 and 2 at 11am and 4pm
Saturday 31st March - Rounds 3 and 4 at 11am and 4pm
Sunday 1st April - Rounds 5 and 6 at 11am and 4pm
Monday 2nd April - Final Round 7 at 11am
- two rounds a day;
- shorter breaks between games;
- earlier finish times so you can take advantage of the free membership of the social club over the road!
- plenty of alternatives for travel including plentiful free parking and easy railway links;
- lots of reasonably priced local accommodation;
- light refreshments will be on sale during the congress kindly provided by yElena Went;
- lunchtime talks from top players;
- live coverage of the top games on the Internet;
- pairings and results available on Chess results.com overnight and live;
ESSEX CHAMPIONSHIP 2017-18
will be awarded to the highest placed eligible player in the FIDE Open.
PS - The Congress currently lacks a sponsor. If you would be interested in sponsoring this Tournament please get in touch with Adam: 100% of your sponsorship will go towards the Prize fund for 2019.